LEARN TO PLAY OR SING
HEALTH AND WELLBEING
ORCHESTRAS & ENSEMBLES
We provide experienced and fully-qualified class music teachers to deliver effective and engaging curriculum music lessons once a week throughout term time.
Our service includes:
• Music lessons delivered on a weekly basis throughout term time, with the length of lesson agreed by the school in collaboration with Cambridgeshire Music. (Minimum half day booking per week)
• A sequential and progressive music curriculum, in-line with DfE and Ofsted guidance, which includes long, medium and short-term planning and covers all aspects of the Music National Curriculum.
• A progressive learning process with regular monitoring and formative/summative assessment.
• ‘First Access’ instrumental programmes (whole class instrumental) can be delivered within our curriculum teaching.
• Support for school concerts and parents' evenings.
• Class teachers can be booked for 38 week academic year.
• Primary schools can buy in Cambridgeshire Music teachers as PPA cover.
Students will be assessed in line with the school assessment for learning policy.
Students will become more confident musicians and learners, gaining a broad and balanced knowledge of music of all genres and styles.
A suitable learning environment for the lesson.
Access to smartboard technology.
Provision of any teaching assistant normally provided for the class.
Some class sets of instruments can be loaned from Cambridgeshire Music. This is subject to availability. Please ask for more information.
Liaison about any specific requirements connected with your curriculum.
Liaison about any situation that may affect lesson delivery, e.g. school trips.
Settings are responsible for sharing student data with Cambridgeshire Music teacher, including SEND information
£48.50 per hour, can be booked for up to 38 week (full academic year).
Our recommended length of music lesson is: 60 minutes / week
Our music curriculum lessons support students to achieve Arts Award Discover and Explore (KS1/2), Bronze (KS3) and Gold (KS4/5). Our lessons also provide evidence of Curriculum Design, Partnerships and Pupil Engagement, supporting schools to achieve Artsmark.
• Experienced, fully vetted and managed music teachers with QTS qualifications and all appropriate disclosure and barring checks (DBS) carried out
• Support for school concerts and parents’ evenings
• PPA time for your teacher
• End of year assessments for reports. Other summative assessments can be carried out by the music teacher if requested
• Online support for our client accounts to improve communication and speed up contractual management processes
• Schools may collaborate and buy in time as a Cluster or Academy Trust. In these cases, a curriculum to meet the needs of a cluster can be planned and delivered with performance opportunities for schools involved.
FOR: All primary and secondary schools
DATES: School term time